Posts Tagged ‘social media coach’
Hey everyone, thanks for visiting my latest work in progress. I have decided to launch a new social media training community. Excuse me as I slowly build this online community, but see this as a lesson in itself. Here is the lesson:
Some people believe that you should not put out a website until it is ready for the public. In some cases, this is true, but in other cases I like to put “something’ out there, just to get the juices flowing. And by that, I mean Google’s juices.
Google looks at several factors when determining what to return as search results, and one of those factors is how long the site has been around, so rather than just having a dormant domain, I often set up a simple WordPress site like this one to start the ball rolling. The other thing it does is motivates me to finish the project, so now “game on!”
Here is how you are do the same for your next project website.
1. Get a web hosting account. I recommend HostGator, because for a small monthly fee, they allow you to host multiple sites. They also have the WordPress software as a one click install which makes it easy to set up. As the site grows, you can migrate it to a larger plan, but they can handle quite a bit of traffic.
2. Install WordPress through Fantastico. Find that icon in the Control Panel and use this tutorial on how to install WordPress to get you going.
4. Write a simple blog post related to your business.
- If you want to start monetizing your site, you can add AdSense code, affiliate links, or a link to your primary business page.
- Start Building Your Social Media Profiles.
I hope that helps get you on your way to online marketing success!
Until next time…
Your Social Media Coach